It has been a long while since I wrote my last article. I have been busy on some large scale Oracle Applications implementations on tight schedule along with my regular client workshops on EBS and Fusion Middleware.
I am going to make this post as the landing page for the Middleware 11g related updates, important announcements.
In last couple of years, I have seen the way Middleware 10g has evolved into Middleware 11g and its integration with recently acquired BEA WebLogic server. FMW 11g is truly amazing in the sense of technology platform, scalability, UI, usability and out of the box functionality. The list just goes on and on, I will leave it to you to read on the Oracle site.
Users of FMW 10g will also notice that almost most of the aspect of the development/ deployment, server configuration etc changed. Now instead of individually managed servers (SOA, WebCenter etc), all the servers get managed inside a WebLogic server. More on this later.
In the coming articles, I will be covering the following aspects:
- Getting started (Where and What to pick up and install)
- Making use of Amazon cloud computing as your FMW 11g server (unless you have 4GB RAM, don't even think of running the server locally)
- A sample application development and deployment process
- A sample integration with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Use of WebCenter Spaces to have an Enterprise Portal up & running in seconds
- More advanced aspect of FMW11g